This bike can be purchased online, but must be picked up from an approved store so it can be assembled by one of our qualified bike mechanics! We will work as quickly as possible, but it may take more than 1-2 days for your bike to be ready. We'll let you know when it is ready to be picked up.
Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
Fuel EX 5 is the gateway to full suspension trail bikes. A 140 mm fork and 130 mm of rear travel, a Shimano 1x10 drive train, a dropper post for getting low on descents and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes make Fuel EX 5 a high-value, high-performance mountain bike with exceptional versatility.
It's right for you if...
You're ready to go full suspension, and you want a versatile trail bike at a great value. You want a ride that's sure-footed, capable and responsive, so you can stay in control no matter where you're riding.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with internal cable routing, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and a Knock Block steerer stop to protect against spinning bars. A 140 mm RockShox Recon RL fork, 130 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe Select Plus shock, a durable 10-speed Shimano Deore drive train, dropper post and hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
Full suspension performance without the sticker shock. Fuel EX 5 has the same frame and suspension tech found on our higher-end alloy Fuel EX models. Quality RockShox suspension, a dropper post and a Shimano 1x10 drive train make for an ideal introduction to the world of full suspension trail riding.
- *spec applies to all sizes unless otherwise noted
- Frameset: Frame Alpha Platinum Aluminium, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 130 mm travel
- *Fork Size: XS , S: RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, tapered steerer, 46mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 140mm travel
- Size: S , M , ML , L , XL: RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 140 mm travel
- *Shock Size: XS , S: RockShox Deluxe Select+, 210x52.5mm
- Size: S , M , ML , L , XL: RockShox Deluxe Select Plus, 210x55 mm
- Front Hub Formula DC-511, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- Rear Hub Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- Rim Alex MD35, Tubeless Ready, 32-hole, 35 mm width, Presta valve
- *Tire Size: XS , S: Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 27.5x2.60"
- Size: S , M , ML , L , XL: Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.60"
- Shifter Shimano Deore M6000, 10-speed
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore M6000, mid cage, 42T max cog
- *Crank Size: XS , S: Race Face Ride, 30T steel ring, Boost, 170 mm length
- Size: M , ML , L , XL: Race Face Ride, 30T steel ring, Boost, 175 mm length
- Bottom Bracket Shimano MT500, 92 mm, PressFit
- Cassette SunRace, 11-42, 10-speed
- Chain KMC X10, 10-speed
- Saddle Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138 mm width
- *Seatpost Size: XS , S: TranzX JD-YSP18, 100 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 361 mm length
- Size: M , ML , L , XL: TranzX JD-YSP18, 130mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 425 mm length
- Handlebar Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width
- Grips Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Stem Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, Knock Block, 0-degree, 50 mm length
- Brake Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- Weight: M - 15.03 kg / 33.14 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).