Stan’s tubeless system will convert your existing wheel set to tubeless allowing you to use either standard or tubeless tyres. Saving hundreds of dollars and weight over purchasing other Tubeless Systems.
Will it Fit:
This rim strip will fit most cross country mountain bike rims measuring 21.5-24.5mm wide in either 24" or 26" diameter. It will also fit some narrow 29" mountain bike rims.
What the Stan’s Rim Strip does:
The Stan’s Rim Strip replaces your existing rim Strip but incorporates a Presta Valve, which effectively replaces the inner tube once the tyre is installed. The thick rubber rim strip fills the gap between the tyre bead and rim creating an air-tight seal. This allows you to run lower pressures - providing you with more comfort and better traction. It also eliminates the chance of pinch-flats.
The Standard Rim Strip is suitable for use with a rim which measures between 21.5mm - 25mm (OD).
For even better puncture protection simply add Stan’s Sealant to the tyre when installing to seal punctures as they happen. (sold separately)
Features and specifications:
- Weight: 59 grams
- Valve: Presta
- Valve length: 38mm
- Valve details: Threaded w/ removable core
- Rim strip width: 25mm
- To fit: Standard width rim w/ OD of 21.5-25mm (braking surface)
- Each rim strip is sold separately, not as a pair
Things that Stan’s would like you to know about their system:
Features and Benefits of Stan’s Tubeless System
- Stan’s Tubeless System offers two sealing points on the tyre versus other tubeless systems which use only the bead lock as their sealing point. First the bead lock is sealed, as well as the lower portion of the tyre and rim to create a second inner seal. This unique design allows you to break the bead lock seal without losing air pressure. Secondly, the inner seal flexes inwards with the tyre to maintain air pressure (see above photo).
- The patented Rim Strip makes installation simple. It can be removed as easily as a tube and can be used over and over again. Time involved can be less than 10 minutes per wheel. With this system you can lose rotating weight in an area that previously was not possible.
- Your lightweight wheel set can be converted to a tubeless set up with only 56 grams of added weight per wheel. Saving hundreds of dollars over purchasing new wheels.
- No need to worry about the dreaded pinch flat.
- Possibly never having another puncture flat again because of the self-sealing qualities of Stan’s Tyre and Rim Sealant.
- You will be able to keep using your lightweight tyres and not be limited to buying expensive and much heavier tubeless specific tyres.
- The New Molded Rim Strip features a new Presta valve stem with a removable core allowing you to add sealant without removing the tyre. This removable valve core will make inflating easier by increasing the air flow into the tire. Removing the valve core also allows for cleaning or easy replacement.
- Stan’s Tyre & Rim Sealant can also be used to seal punctures and slow leaks that occur in most tubeless tyres. As a result, your tubeless tyres will hold air for longer periods of time.
- If you are interested in rotating weight (and who’s not!!) you can lose anywhere from 100 grams up to 400 grams of rotating weight per wheel set.
- This System does not require any modifications to your existing wheel set. If you are not satisfied with it, all you do is remove the rim strip, and put your old heavy tube back in and go riding.
- This System requires very little mechanical ability to install.
- It does not use any glue and you can change a flat the same way you do now.
Lower Air Pressure, Better Traction and Ride
- Stan’s Tyre and Rim Sealant will usually last from three weeks up to three months. At that time you simply add more. (Time will vary due to different tyre characteristics). It leaves no mess in your tyre.
- Stan’s Tire and Rim Sealant can also be used in tubeless tyres for puncture resistance and STOPS leaks.
- Once you seal your tyres they will not lose air pressure.
What happens if I get a flat on the Trail? - Do like most riders, and bum a tube from one of your pals because they always carry one. Heck, use their pump too!! Stan’s Tyre & Rim Sealant does not use any glue, so you can change a flat the same way you do now.