Designed for Freeride 26", 27mm to 34mm wide rims - Schrader Valve
Stan’s tubeless system converts your existing wheel set to tubeless whether your rims are tubeless or not.. Allows you to use either standard or tubeless tyres. Saving hundreds of dollars and weight over purchasing other Tubeless Systems. Fits most standard cross country mountain bike rims. Very basically this system combines a moulded rim strip and a non-adhesive, no mess solution with micro sealing particles to create an air-tight seal between your tyre and the rim strip/rim flange.
This Kit Includes:
- Two moulded rim strips with removable valve cores
- One pint of Stan’s Tyre Sealant with a 60g scoop and spout
- One 9.1 metre roll of spoke tape
- NoTubes.com Decal
- Detailed instructions
- Designed to work with
- Freeride: 26", 27mm to 34mm wide rims - Schrader
- Please visit the support page on www.notubes.com for details on rim compatibility and recommended tyres
Please note: It is recommended that you enlarge (drill out) your rims’ inner valve stem holes to allow the base of the rim strip create a better seal (only the inner [tyre side] wall). We highly recommend you visit the Stan’s NoTubes installation video HERE for detailed demonstrations and instructions.
Features & Benefits:
- Stan’s Tubeless System offers two sealing points on the tyre versus other tubeless systems which use only the bead lock as their sealing point. First the bead lock is sealed, as well as the lower portion of the tyre and rim to create a second inner seal. This unique design allows you to break the bead lock seal without losing air pressure. Secondly, the inner seal flexes inwards with the tyre to maintain air pressure The patented Rim Strip makes installation simple. It can be removed as easily as a tube and can be used over and over again. Time involved can be less than 10 minutes per wheel. With this system you can lose rotating weight in an area that previously was not possible.
- Your lightweight wheel set can be converted to a tubeless set up with only 56 grams of added weight per wheel. Saving hundreds of dollars over purchasing new wheels.
- No need to worry about the dreaded pinch flat.
- Possibly never having another puncture flat again because of the self-sealing qualities of Stan’s Tyre and Rim Sealant.
- You will be able to keep using your lightweight tyres and not be limited to buying expensive and much heavier tubeless specific tyres.
- The New Moulded Rim Strip features a new Presta valve stem with a removable core allowing you to add sealant without removing the tyre. This removable valve core will make inflating easier by increasing the air flow into the tyre. Removing the valve core also allows for cleaning or easy replacement.
- Stan’s Tyre & Rim Sealant can also be used to seal punctures and slow leaks that occur in most tubeless tyres. As a result, your tubeless tyres will hold air for longer periods of time.
- If you are interested in rotating weight (and who’s not!) you can lose anywhere from 100 grams up to 400 grams of rotating weight per wheelset.
- This System does not require any modifications to your existing wheel set. If you are not satisfied with it, all you do is remove the rim strip, and put your old heavy tube back in and go riding.
- This System requires very little mechanical ability to install.
- It does not use any glue and you can change a flat the same way you do now.
- Lower Air Pressure, Better Traction and Ride
- Stan’s Tyre and Rim Sealant will usually last from three weeks up to three months. At that time you simply add more. (Time will vary due to different tyre characteristics). It leaves no mess in your tyre.
- Stan’s Tyre and Rim Sealant can also be used in tubeless tyres for puncture resistance and STOPS leaks.
- Once you seal your tyres they will not lose air pressure.
Why Use The Rim Strip On Tubeless Rims?
Without our rim strips, mounting a standard tyre on a tubeless rim creates a poor interface, making it easier to burp air. Using our molded rim strips in tubeless rims creates a much stronger interface with the tyre and rim. The interfacing is so strong there is no air loss even when a C-clamp has the tyre totally compressed. The side walls are touching and the bead lock is completely exposed! Try this with your tubeless system!
No need to worry about the dreaded pinch flat and possibly never have another puncture flat again. Have the ability to use lightweight tyres and not be limited to buying expensive and much heavier tubeless specific tyres. Seals punctures and slows leaks that occur in most tubeless tyres. As a result, your tubeless tyres will hold air for longer periods of time. Lasts from three weeks up to three months. At that time you simply add more. (Time will vary due to different tyre characteristics). Once you seal your tyres they will not lose air pressure. What happens if I get a flat on the trail? The sealantdoes not use any glueor adhesive, so you can change a flat the same way you do now.
You can lose anywhere from 100 grams up to 400 grams of rotating weight per wheel set. If you are not satisfied with it, all you do is remove the rimstrip, and put your old heavy tube back in and go riding. This System requires very little mechanical abilityto install.