or /week for months
In fact, some would say Indianapolis was the birthplace of American Motorsports. Sanctioned Motorcycle Racing in the city dates back to 1909, and if you fastforward about 83 years, AMA Supercross makes its debut in the American Motorsports hub.
Similarly to Indianapolis, Alpinestars has a rich heritage in motorsports and more specifically in motocross. The company was founded in 1963 and shortly thereafter went on to make the world’s first motocross specific boot. Just 9 years later, Alpinestars entered their revolutionary motocross boot in a prestigious competition held by the Fashion Academy in Turin, Italy. Alpinestars won the monumental award that year, and went on for a repeat win from the Academy again in 1973. Understandably proud of this achievement, the Oscar by Alpinestars logo was born. Since then, innumerable champions have proudly sported the Oscar by Alpinestars logo emblazed across their chest.
Since the early 90’s, countless podiums and barbanging battles have transpired in Indy. With Supercross headed back to Indianapolis this weekend, Alpinestars has decided to dedicate a Limited Edition ‘Indianapolis’ kit that emblazes the iconic Oscar by Alpinestars logo to the city for its long and rich dedication to motorsports.
The ‘Indianapolis’ Racer gear hosts the same technical innovations as the rest of the Racer line, however is now available in an exclusive colour combination.
Alpinestars MX Apparel Collection brings a list of innovations to the track and gives those with the passion for riding dirt the same style, performance, and feel enjoyed by the world’s most renowned moto stars.
Alpinestars’ Radar Tracker Glove incorporates a range of performance and comfort features such as an innovative stretch insert on the palm and synthetic suede reinforcements into its slip-on chassis for a durable performer that provides a highly personalized fit for each and every moto rider.
- Ergonomic chassis and reduced material design for in a supremely lightweight, comfortable glove
- Lightweight, single-piece Spandex upper construction gives excellent flexibility
- Perforated, single layer Clarino palm is breathable and offers excellent sensitivity on bike’s controls
- Reinforced thumb construction increases durability and gusset for improved flexibility
- Innovative stretch insert in adductor (palm and thumb) for improved hand movement and lever control
- Clarino reinforcements on third and fourth fingers for added abrasion resistance
- Silicone grip patterning on fingers for improved riding control
- Velcro and spandex wrist pull tab with silicone for fit and easy entry
- Pre-curved finger construction reduces fatigue and improves comfort