HO FREERIDE SKI
In 2011 Marcus Brown, Dave Wingerter and Bob LaPoint took a different approach to ski design. They stepped back to look at where and how most boaters and waterskiers spent their time. These people weren’t tucked away on private man-made lakes with ski specific boats where most in the competitive waterski community exclusively reside. They were out on larger public lakes, rivers and waterways, behind everything from wakeboard boats to jet skis to fishing boats. From there, the design team developed technology that specifically enhanced the ski experience for free-skiers on these variable water conditions. Since its release in 2012, the Freeride has become the standard in open water waterskiing and continues to encourage waterski exploration the world over.
• Clean Edge Technology: This revolutionary ski technology allows skiers to ski behind any boat, at any speed, in any water condition. The beveled edge of a traditional waterski allows water to wrap around the bottom of the ski and up the sidewall where it finally releases off the ski’s top edge. Clean Edge is bevel-less and the sidewalls are rotated inward like wakeboard edge. This combination causes water to release cleanly off the ski’s bottom surface resulting in a 50% less drag than conventional skis.
• Clean Edge Location:Less drag equals more lift and it is the lift on the rear 50% of the Freeride’s running length that enables low drag skiing with less spray and effort. From under the skier’s front foot through the forebody of the ski, the Freeride utilizes a traditional ski edge design. This rounded edge rides deeper in the water for the stability skiers need.
• Carve Rails: Steep entry concave for amazing edge hold when laying down powerful arcs.
• Freeride Flex: A snowski inspired flex pattern allows the Freeride to bend its rocker into turns providing smooth carving with low effort.
• HEX Fin: We’ve taken the traditional 2D waterski fin model to the next level by creating a NACA Airfoil inspired 3-dimensional fin for more lift and lower drag. Acting like an airplane wing, this surf style fin enhances ski versatility by increasing glide speed and turning properties.
• Kid’s specific soft flex for 63” model
HO FREEMAX BOOT
The super easy to use “slip them on and enjoy the ride” water ski boots are back! Dual lace zones with a low drag bungee upper and static lace in the lower lace zone that locks down the skiers foot for precision control. The removable footbed anchoring system makes mounting quick and simple while the Direct Connect Mounting System offers unmatched natural edge angle, a short flex footprint and micro adjustment. The freeMAX’s unibody construction means no complexity of a liner, just low maintenance boots that fit great. Perfect for open water skiing of all types, the freeMAX boots offer a relaxed fit for an easy going ride.
- Direct Connect System:
- Natural Edge Angle for precise edge control & improved balance
- Industry’s Shortest Flex Footprint virtually eliminates ski flex dead spots
- Micro Adjustment for infinite fore/aft and 7* of rotational adjustment
- Hightop for maximum support and control
- Unibody construction for easy entry and exit
- Relaxed fit for a feel open water skiers enjoy
- Dual Lace Zones: Low Drag Bungee Upper, Static Lower with improved lace management
- Removable Footbed Anchoring System for easier mounting