The shell is constructed with TeXtreme™ carbon fiber, an advanced material that is lighter and stronger than other carbon composites. The wrap-around eye shield offers an unblocked field of view with a huge aerodynamic benefit and the shield is made by ZEISS® Optics for unrivaled clarity. A magnetic anchor attachment keeps the shield secure, yet easy to remove, and it can be stored in the “flipped up” position. Other stand out features include a Roc Loc® Air fit system and a hydrophilic, anti-microbial brow pad that can absorb up to ten-times the amount of sweat as standard urethane padding. Additionally, this helmet is quipped with the MIPS system to redirect impact energy, providing more protection in certain impacts.
All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro’s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to rider’s brain in certain impacts. Learn more about MIPS in the video above.
- TeXtreme® carbon fiber shell
- Super Fit Engineering
- Eye shield made by ZEISS® Optics
- Magnetic lens anchor attachment
- MIPS® technology
- Hydrophilic padding with X-Static anti-microbial fabric
- Weight: 450g
- Construction: Hybrid Construction, TeXtreme™ carbon fiber shell with in-molded EPS liner
- Fit System: Roc Loc® Air
- Ventilation: Vented Shield, Over-brow ventilation, Internal channeling