Drive train Components
The feature packed R8000 cassette is built on a rigid alloy sprocket carrier. This helps improve shifting performance while reducing weight. The R8000 cassette ensures accurate and quick shifts, even with the most demanding of gear changes.
Shimano delivers an incredible amount of systems engineering in the shape, tooth design, and shifting gates in their cassettes that nothing shifts smoother, faster, or more reliably. The Ultegra R8000 cassettes feature precision made nickel-plated steel cogs that wear slowly and resist corrosion. Two groupings of 3 and 2 respectively are pinned to anodized aluminum spiders, while the remaining 6 cogs are individual. An anodized aluminum lockring holds the assembly together when mounted on the freehub. If you install the cassette yourself, take a long look at how each cog is made, and how each cog is aligned to it's neighbors. So much of what we take for granted with Shimano cassettes is intricately detailed in plain view, and no company holds as many shifting related patents as Shimano does.
- Hyperglide EV sprockets have been designed to ensure accurate shifting and reduce wear
- Hyperglide EV sprockets enable the cassette to be lighter
- Wide gear range to meet the demands of all riders, from road to gravel
- Nickel-plated steel cogs, anodized aluminum spiders, lockring
- 14-28 commonly used for Junior race gearing
- Compatible chains: HG-EV 11-speed / HG-X11
- Gear Ratio: 14-28: 14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-23-25-28
- Color: Nickel-plated
- Weight: 335 grams (11-34)