Torpedo7 Tilting Towball Mount 4 Bike Rack - V29 Reviews
Torpedo7 engineers have come up with another winning transport solution with the innovative Torpedo7 Tilting Towball Mount 4 Bike Rack
The innovative tilt and fold design allows access to the vehicle's boot/hatch even with the cycles in place.
The Torpedo7 Tilting Towball Mount 4 Bike Rack rack easily accepts a variety of bike types or frame designs. You simply rest your bikes frame over the foam covered bars, and secure with the straps provided. It is however recommended to also use a bungee or bike inner tube to prevent the bikes from swinging when driving.
The thick high density foam-rubber coating the racks tubing prevents wearing or damage to your bikes finish when in use. The large diameter of the foam prevents damage from pressure spots for when carrying light-weight aluminium or carbon fibre frames.
The upright tube fastens to 50mm (2") tow-balls and secures with the supplied spanner and lockable adjustment dial.
- Folds down for boot/hatch access
- Top arm folds down when not in use
- Easy on and off fitting
- Spanner and lock included. (Locks to the towball for extra securtiy.)
- Carries up to 4 bikes.
- Tube extension: 690mm
- Width of extension bars: 290mm (centre to centre)
- Length of upright tube: 830mm
- Suits Tongue & Ball type tow bars only
- Weight: 11.65kg
- Maximum carrying weight: 60kgs.
- Angle of extension: 125 degrees
- Extends from: 80mm
- 8 x Black Nylon straps with metal buckles
- 2 x Red Nylon securing straps with metal buckles
- Fitting instructions with bike loading recommendations.
Note: In the interests of safety and visibility it is recommended that the Torpedo7 Tail Light Kit is installed, as it includes Brake/Tail lights, Indicators and Number Plate Light
While this rack is suitable for carrying 4 bikes - you need to be practical when loading it up, to limit possible damage to your bikes, as well as damaging the rack or your car. The rack will carry up to 4 road bikes, up to 3 cross country mountain bikes, and two downhill bikes. Always place the heaviest bike onto the rack first.
- Fits 50mm ISO compliant towballs only. Does not fit 1” 31/32 , 2” or convert-a-ball type
- Towball must be rated UNDER 2000kg
Please refer to the fitting instructions to correctly install the Torpedo7 Tilting Towball Mount 4 Bike Rack - V2