Torpedo7 offer a diverse range of ski and snowboard tuning services around the country. Whether you live in the North or South Island, our conveniently located stores are here to improve your experience on the mountains; waxing, edging, full tunes, binding mounts, boot adjustments, and more! Snow Workshop services can vary depending the store location. Check out our Winter Services menu below, or head to our Store Locator page to find your local Torpedo7 and drop-in to learn more.
Ski & Snowboard Workshop
All Workshops now open!
Tier 1 Services:
Available at all stores
Tier 2 Services:
Only available in Hamilton CBD, Taupo, Nelson, Christchurch Tower Junction, North Link Christchurch, Queenstown Central, Remarkables Park and all Auckland stores
|Full Tune - Belt grind, stone grind structure, machine tuned edges, base waxed, scraped and brushed to finish||$55|
|P-TEX/Base repairs - Price quoted on individual bases, must be done in conjunction with Full Tune||From $20|
Keen to get your snow gear serviced with us? No need to call and book, just pop in to your local store today and we will get your gear sorted ASAP!
Snow Workshop Offers
Benefits of tuning your gear
- Enhances the performance of your skis or board and helps protect the base from the elements
Skis and boards need to be tuned more than once at the beginning of the season; regular maintenance will prevent oxidation, which results in both dry bases and rusty edges. Beyond enhancing the performance of your skis or board, wax helps protect the bases against the elements and abrasion.
- Saves you time and hassle
Many people can wax and sharpen their skis and boards at home, however, that can be messy and time consuming. Hand tuning your edges requires experience, patience, and a fair amount of time, and unless you have access to professional tuning equipment putting a sharp edge and wax on your gear is not quite enough.
- Your board or skis will glide faster and for longer
Even if you buy a brand new board or skis, you should still get them hot waxed; When our technicians wax your skis or board, they heat the wax directly into the base, and scrap, buff and polish by hand each and every item. This means that your board or skis will glide for longer, faster than your mates!
Snow Workshop Terms and Conditions
- Servicing your skis, snowboards and boots may take up to 72 hours. Faster turnaround on this timeframe may incur an additional charge.
- Certain specialised ski binding remount services may not be available at all stores.
- Parts are available at an additional cost, unless specified otherwise. We will let you know if you require replacement parts and the costs for these prior to completing these replacements as part of our service.
- Snow Workshop services may vary per store. Please consult our qualified technicians to learn what services are available and for full pricing of these services. Custom services are charged at an hourly rate.
- Snow Workshops may not be open during the off-season (i.e. October to May).
- Snow Workshop services are available to all customers and all equipment, old and new, no matter where you purchased your gear. We reserve the right to advise where we think the condition of your gear may compromise your safety.
- Free Snow Workshop Services (for example; free ski mounts, free snowboard setups and free boot liner modification) are only available to eligible Torpedo7 customers who have purchased the relevant equipment from one of our stores, or from www.torpedo7.co.nz. Please click here for our Free Services Terms and Conditions.
- For more information and to book, chat with your local Torpedo7 crew.