Queenstown & Wanaka Snow Hire
Heading away for a Winter Snow trip this year? Torpedo7 Queenstown and Racers Edge Wanaka have a huge fleet of hire equipment for all ages and abilities; skis, snowboards, boots, apparel and packages to suit your needs. Going straight to Wanaka? For more information, pricing and to book please check out the Racers Edge Wanaka website here. Otherwise, our central Torpedo7 store in Queenstown will have everything you need.
Queenstown Snow Hire
Why Queenstown is your one stop shop for your ski and snowboard rentals:
- Don't want to spend every day on the mountain, but you still want to have an epic week of snowboarding or skiing? Book with us for more than four days and add in a rest day.
- Personalised fitting: we custom fit your gear. We don't just ask your size and throw your boots at you, we ensure you leave with the right fitting boots and the right skis or snowboard for the type of riding you want to do . We make sure you’ll be safe and comfortable while carving it up on the mountain
- We have a huge range of skis and snowboards to suit everyone, if its your first day or 200th we’ll have the equipment to suit you including our brand new 2023 range (yes 2023, not a typo we get some gear before the Northern Hemisphere does).
- We offer free gear exchanges, so if you don't like how something fits, or you want to try something different, we are happy to exchange it.
- Our equipment is tuned, serviced, checked, and repaired by our workshop staff between every hire so that when you take it on the mountain, it has been looked after as if it was our own. Equipment is waxed after every hire ready for you to have an epic time on the slopes!
- Helmets are included with any youth or child snowboard/ski gear hire, and wrist guards are included with any snowboard hire.
- Free Hotel delivery service (subject to location and availability).
The Forge Building, Cnr Camp & Shotover Streets, Queenstown 9300
Phone: 03 409 0409
|Gear||Adult (18 and over)||Youth (7-17)||Child (under 7)|
|Skis, Boots & Poles OR Board and Boots|
|Skis & Poles OR Board Only|
|Ski OR Snowboard Boots||$20.00||$15.00||$10.00|
|Jacket and Pants||$25.00||$20.00||$15.00|
Wanaka Snow Hire
99 Ardmore Street, Wanaka 9305
Phone: (03) 443 7882
|Gear||Adult Day||Student Day||Youth Day||Child Day|
|Skis, Boots & Poles|
|Jacket or Pants||$20.00||$15.00||$15.00||$12.00|
- What do I need to go skiing or snowboarding?
Skis or snowboard, boots, warm waterproof jacket and pants - all of which we rent in store!
You will also need some gloves, ski socks, a warm hat and goggles (we recommend not using sunglasses as they will fog up). We have a great range of these items available online or in-store from basic to high-spec options.
- Can I swap my skis for a snowboard or vice versa?
Of course! Head over to the dark side, you might like it..
- How often do you service your gear?
All our gear is checked and tuned after every hire. Even if it only went out for one day our team of experienced ski technicians will make sure it's fresh and ready for you to ride.
- What kind of gear do you have?
We have skis from Salomon, Volkl and Rossignol. Snowboards from Burton, Lib Tech and Salomon. We also have a demo fleet of all the skis and snowboards we sell in store. Contact us email@example.com for more information.
- I'm not sure what size I will be - do I need to know before?
No two peoples' feet are the same - some have skinny feet, some have short chunky feet and ski boots can feel really weird. We measure everyone's feet in store and select a boot specifically for your foot. We have boots up to size 15! We then get you to try on both boots showing you how to put them on and fasten them properly. We won't move on to fitting you with skis until you are completely happy with the fit.
- What are your opening hours?
In peak winter we are normally open from 7:30am - 9:00pm. For our current opening hours check our store page here.
- Can I collect my gear the night before I go?
Of course! It's the best way to do it so you make the most of your time on the mountain. You can collect your gear for the next day anytime after 4pm the day before your hire is due to start.
- Do you offer rest days?
Yes, we appreciate that not everyone can ride all day every day. If you rent for more than 4 days then we offer 1 rest day, if you are renting for more than 6 days we offer 2 rest days. Renting for even longer? Get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other options.
- What happens if I damage the gear whilst I've got it?
We offer damage protection on all of our rentals. This is $2 a day and covers any repairable accidental damage that may occur from hidden rocks on the trail. Note: it does not cover the total write off of the equipment, damage done due to negligence/improper use, damage due to use in terrain parks or loss & theft of equipment.
- Where is best to go on my first day skiing?
All the surrounding mountains are great! We recommend if it is your first time to head up to Coronet Peak - it's just a short 20 minute drive from town.
The Remarkables has some great off-trail terrain and terrain parks, Cardrona has awesome open trails and often feels a little less busy. Treble Cone has some incredible expert terrain. If you are going to be riding for a few days then why not try them all? There are busses available from town to all of the mountains.
- Do you offer group discounts?
We are happy to offer group discounts: as no group or group requirements are ever the same it's probably best you get in touch with us at email@example.com
Torpedo7 Hire Equipment Terms & Conditions:
- Torpedo7 agrees to hire equipment to the 'Hirer' on the agreed terms and conditions below.
- All "hired equipment" is hired at the risk of the Hirer.
- The Hirer confirms that the personal information supplied is true and correct at the time of hire.
- Bookings made less than 24 Hours before pick-up time will be subject to availability.
- The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the care and security of the hired equipment for the duration of the hire period and will return the hired equipment by the Close of Business of the last day of rental or no later than 10am the following morning.
- In the event that any of the hired equipment is returned to us damaged beyond repair, or is lost or stolen, the Hirer will be charged the full replacement cost of the item. Where equipment is damaged but repairable, the Hirer will be charged for the cost of the repairs.
- The Hirer authorises Torpedo7 to debit the Hirers credit card for any monies still owing in respect of the hire, or further charges should the rental equipment be returned late, damaged, lost or stolen.
- The customer shall be liable for any expenses, disbursements or legal costs incurred by Torpedo7 in the collection of any overdue amounts owing.
- The Hirer indemnifies Torpedo7 for any responsibility and liability in the unfortunate case of injury or damage while the Hirer is using the hired equipment.
- Damage Protection - covers accidental equipment damage and breakage that occurs under normal usage conditions. It does not apply to negligence, misuse, lost or stolen equipment, nor does it apply to personal injury or damage caused by usage of the hired equipment. If the equipment is lost or stolen the Hirer must report this to the Police within 24 hours. If the Hirer does not take the damage protection offered at the time of hire, any repairs or replacement necessary will be charged to the credit card details provided by the Hirer on signing this hire agreement, at a rate not greater than the purchase price.
- Any Refunds made will be made to the initial means of tender only.
- Full Refunds will be given up to 7 days prior to the date of the booking.
Refunds on rental equipment may also be provided at Torpedo7's sole discretion under the following circumstances:
- Mountain closures - when both Coronet and The Remarkables are closed we may offer to extend the booking; where extensions aren't possible, we may refund the Hirer upon the return of equipment prior to 10am on day of closure.
- Proof of injury or illness - this is only valid for the injured party.
Refunds within 7 days of the hire equipment booking or during the hire period will not be given when:
- Hirer has changed their mind; or
- Hirer returns hired equipment early after damaging the hired equipment.
- The Hirer confirms they have read and understood these Terms & Conditions and, upon signing this hire agreement, agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Snow hire offer ends 13th June 2022. All discounts apply to original regular price and are not available with any other offer or club member discount.