Helmets - MTB
MIPS, "Multi-directional Impact Protection System", sets a new standard in helmet safety. Developed by brain surgeons and scientists, MIPS helps reduce rotational forces on the brain caused by angled impacts to the head.
- Equipped with MIPS Brain Protection System
- In-mould composite skeleton allows a greater variation of vent shape and size
- Intuitive, one-handed Headmaster fit system adjusts height and circumference
- Flexible head-conforming FormFit brow band has a tailored feel and improves venting
- FlatLock dividers make helmet strap management simple through fixed position fit
- Internal, recessed channels manage airflow through the helmet and over the head
- Drop-in coverage offers additional protection below traditional bottom edge of helmet
- Crash Replacement Guarantee provides a free helmet replacement if involved in a crash within the first year of ownership
Most helmets are tested only by dropping them vertically onto a flat surface. MIPS technology is the hard-earned result of over 19 years of studies and testing by some of the world’s leading researchers and brain surgeons. When you fall your head usually hits the ground at an angle, creating a rotational force that leads to strain on the brain. With the MIPS low friction layer inside, the helmet can absorb more of that rotational violence, adding better protection than helmets not equipped with MIPS.