Shimano’s new TORBAL (Torsional Balance) Technology better connects the rider and pedal with what the bicycle is doing underfoot while maintaining comfort and flexibility through all ranges of rider motion. TORBAL allows the outsole to twist, allowing for lateral movement of the rider, while keeping the forefoot aligned with the pedal.
This encourages a natural rider “flow” motion, improving control especially during technical downhills, and allowing aggressive trail riders to push their limits even further.
Single Density Extra-Cushion Insole
The cup shape of this insole serves to optimise the heel angle and ensure stability while pedaling. Cushioning in the heel section provides added comfort when walking.
A unique LAST with extra toe-box volume to accommodate a wider range of foot shapes without sacrificing shoe length. Extra room to fit more foot shapes in greater comfort.
Wider Cleat Adjustment
Following Shimano's Rider-Tuned concept, the soles on Shimano's latest Trail/Enduro shoes provide an expanded cleat-adjustment range to support a wider variety of riding styles. Now you can find the perfect cleat position for your shoe-to-pedal interface.
- The new M089 replaces the M088 in Shimano's shoe range
- Tough, stretch-resistant synthetic leather and mesh
- Cross X-Strap is optimised for relieving tension on top of foot during push off motion
- Super low-profile micro-adjust buckle securely holds foot
- Single density insole conforms a variety of foot shapes with shock absorbing cushioning
- Wide Fit LAST for riders with wide or high volume feet
- Torbal midsole technology
- Glass fibre composite polymide midsole for power transfer
- High durability outsole
- Wider cleat adjustment
The cleat range (extended) depends on the size of shoe:
- 36 - 39 = +5mm
- 40 - 42 = +6mm
- 43 - 45 = +7mm
- 46 - 48 = +8mm
- 49 - 52 = +9mm