Available Online Only
Our best-selling, freestanding 3-person backpacking tent reinvents lightweight liveability.
With a floorplan that offers each occupant easy access to doors and gear, the MSR Mutha Hubba NX tent is the ideal tent for a trio backpacking deep into the Sierras in the heat of summer or tackling the Appalachian Trail for an extended trip in the spring. Upgraded with premium features, including virtually indestructible Easton Syclone poles and MSR's durable Xtreme Shield waterproof coating, this tent is built to last like never before. Easy-to-assemble and with plenty of interior volume for three, the Mutha Hubba NX offers the most liveable accommodations for 3-season conditions.
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light grey rainfly colour (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Ultra-durable Easton Syclone poles
- Xtreme Shield System (long-lasting waterproof coating & precision-stitched seams)
- Compression stuff sack with carry handle
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 1.95 kg / 4 lb 5 oz; optional Fast & Light Body setup 1.64 kg / 3 lb. 10 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large vestibules to store gear.
- Easton Syclone Poles: Cutting-edge aerospace composite materials make poles virtually indestructible in challenging and windy conditions.
- Xtreme Shield Waterproof Coating: Ultra-durable coating is formulated to resist fabric stickiness (hydrolysis), lasting up to 3 times longer than standard waterproof coatings.
- Livable: Two large StayDry doors with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Colour: White / Red
- Capacity: 3
- Minimum Weight: 1.95 kg
- Packed Weight: 2.18 kg
- Floor Area: 3.67 sq. m
- Vestibule Area: 1.3 sq. m
- Tent Volume: 2290 litres
- Vestibule Volume: 453 L
- Interior Peak Height: 112 cm
- Packed Size: 53 x 17 cm
- Number of Doors: 2
- Freestanding: Yes
- Number of Poles: 1 Easton Syclone
- Rainfly Fabric: 20D ripstop nylon Xtreme Shield coated 1200 mm & silicone
- Canopy fabric: 15D nylon micromesh / 20D ripstop nylon
- Floor Fabric: 30D ripstop nylon XtremeShield coated 3000 mm